Google Chromecast is a wonderful addition to our daily life. And you can cast your Audible to the Chromecast via your smartphone or Chrome browser on your computer if you know how Audible Chromecast works.
The configuration is easy when you have the Google Home app. But I noticed some are having trouble. So in this article, I will explain all the methods so that you can learn easily how to cast audible to Chromecast.
Table of Contents
Audible with Google Chromecast
Chromecast supports thousands of apps like Netflix, Spotify, Hulu, and thousands of more apps to enjoy movies, TV shows, games, sports, etc. You can find any supported apps in the Chromecast library to enjoy your programs.
But sadly, you won’t find the Audible. It’s simply is not there! But fret not! You are in the right spot to learn at least 2 methods of how you can still cast your Audible to the Google Chromecast.
Also Read | Play Audible on Google Home
Let’s see how you can do it from your PC first.
Method 01: Cast Audible to Chromecast from Computer
We need to deal with the supported format of audiobooks first. All Audible books come in AA/AAX audio format that supports only the official Audible app or other supported apps like iTunes and so on.
But to cast your Audible book to the Chromecast, the format must be in MP3 format. So, we need to convert the AA/AAX format to MP3 first.
Whereas there is plenty of software that can do it (both free and paid), I especially recommend the AudKit Audible Audiobook Converter. It can convert audiobooks in any formats like MP3, WAV, AAC, and so on.
Follow the steps to convert any Audible audiobook to MP3 format:
- Add your desired audiobook to the converting software (in this case AudFree Audible Converter). Adding the files is very intuitive. There are two ways to add audiobooks and you can follow anyone.
- Click on the ‘audio’ icon to launch the settings window from where you can set the audio format, bit rate, and other settings.
- Set the destination folder and hit the ‘Convert’ button. Within seconds, the software will convert it to your desired format including removing the DRM issue.
Assuming you have successfully converted your audiobooks to any compatible formats like MP3, it’s now easy to cast it to the Chromecast. There are two ways you can cast the converted audiobook.
- Way 01: Upload the converted audiobook to your computer (Both Windows and Apple Mac will work). Use the Chrome browser or Google Home app to stream the audiobook on Chromecast. Yes, it’s that easy!
- Way 02: Apart from directly uploading the audiobook to the PC and streaming them from the Chromecast, you can sync the audiobook to any supported Chromecast app like Google Play Music, Google Home, and others.
After the syncing, you can cast the audiobook from the Chromecast to your TV, PC, or any target speaker.
Method 02: Cast Audible to Chromecast from Smartphones
Most people love to listen to Audible from their smartphones. Now, let’s see how you can connect Audible with Chromecast both from the Android and iPhone.
- For Android Users
It’s not surprising at all that you can use your Android phone to cast Audible on Chromecast. But before I go to the step by step guide, make sure you have downloaded and installed the Audible Manager and Google Home app.
Make sure, your Android phone and Chromecast device is under the same Wi-Fi network. Now, follow the steps:
- Connect the Chromecast audio with your home speaker.
- From your Android phone, launch the Google Home app. It should automatically detect and connect the Chromecast under the same network.
- Go to the ‘Cast Screen/Audio’ section and click on it. Choose the casting speaker to play your audiobooks.
- Now, launch Audible from your Android phone and play the Audiobooks. The Chromecast Audio will stream the audiobook to the connected speaker automatically.
- For iPhone Users
Not just for iPhone, for any iOS users, you can’t directly cast Audible to Chromecast. But if you follow the steps, it should work just fine:
- Make sure your iPhone, home speaker, Chromecast are connected under the same Wi-Fi network.
- From your computer, go to the Google Play Music and upload the converted audiobook to your account.
- From your iPhone, download the Google Home app and install it.
- Connect the Google Home app with your Chromecast via Bluetooth.
- Now, connect the Chromecast device with the home speaker.
- From the Google Home app, go to the ‘Cast Screen/Audio’ option and tap on it.
- From your iPhone, open the Google Play Music app and play the converted audiobook. It will automatically stream to your home speaker through the Chromecast. And you are done!
Yes, it works just fine but not directly. There is no supported Audible app in the Chromecast library so you need to do some tweak to make it work. Then it will work just fine for your PC and smartphone of any operating system too.
Yes. You need to make sure both the Chromecast and the Google Home device are connected under the same Wi-Fi network.
Well, not directly but if you have a Google Home it will work. Of course, it will need some tweaking from your end.
Yes, but not directly because both Amazon and Google are rivals. But with the Bluetooth technology, you can easily get way around it.
Yes you can if you own a Google Chromecast device and your TV is a smart TV.
As you can see, it’s actually easy to make Audible work with Chromecast. You should not face any trouble to enjoy Audible Chromecast if you follow my above-mentioned methods. Let me know in the comment box if you face any issues.