Without any hassle, you can listen to Spotify, YouTube Music, and several other services but NOT the audible. You have to tweak the process a little to play audible on Google Home.
As much as it sounds frustrating, the process is fairly easy. And if you follow this guide thoroughly, you will know how to play audible on Google Home. There is no stopping!
Does google home allow to play audible audiobooks?
To answer simply, no. But is exactly what I will be talking about in this article so that listening to your favorite audiobooks on Google Home become easy for you.
Don’t worry, it’s not so complicated. And once you do it for the first time, you will be no longer asking yourself ‘Can I Play audible on Google Home?’
Now, why they won’t allow you to do that?
Well, Amazon and Google are two rivals, and often their business overlaps. So, you get the point, right?
How can I listen to my audiobooks on google home?
There is no official guideline. Not from Amazon or Google at all. Many people have already faced the same problem and they have applied different methods to get away with trouble.
Out of so many ways, I will mainly talk about 3 easy ways. Here you go!
Play audible on google home using bluetooth
Bluetooth still rocks! It’s the free and easy way to connect your audible with Google Home. You will be basically mirroring the audio from your phone. You can either use the Google Home app or voice commands to connect them both.
Here is the step by step process:
- From your smartphone, activate your Bluetooth.
- If your Google Home is turned on, voice commands it to pair with your Bluetooth device.
- Once you voice command it, it will show you all the nearby Bluetooth devices, connect yours, and you are done. Now, mirror the audio from your phone and enjoy your audiobooks!
Cast audible audiobooks with the google home app
Alternatively, you can use the Google Home app to connect to the Bluetooth. If you don’t know how; follow along!
- Open the app and go to the settings menu of your Google Home.
- At the top right corner of the screen, you should see a ‘…’ symbol. Tap on it, scroll to the bottom, and tap on ‘Paired Bluetooth devices’.
- If the Bluetooth of your phone is turned on, it will automatically connect it.
Once it is connected with the Bluetooth, you can now listen to your audiobooks by just mirroring the audio from your phone.
Upload audible audiobooks to google play music
Yes, you heard me right. You can upload all of your audible audiobooks to Google Play Music. Once you have downloaded all of your audiobooks, you will be no longer needed any internet connection.
This method will let you play audible audiobooks form Google Home Mini, Google Home Hub, etc. This is how you can listen to your books from Google Play Music:
- There is a Chrome extension for Google Play Music. Install it on your browser. Make sure your Google Chrome browser is up-to-date.
- Launce the extension and open the Google Play Music web player.
- Go to the ‘Upload Music’ section. You will find it from the top-left right corner.
- Upload all of your audiobooks.
- When the upload is done, voice command it to play your books. And you are done!
N.B. you may have to convert your audiobooks first to be able to upload them to Google Play Music. To simply convert all of your audible audiobooks to MP3 format, you can use audible Converter software.
Once you installed the software, the conversion of the MP3 format is pretty self-explanatory.
Not directly. But you can mirror the sound of your phone playing the audiobook with your Google Home until they launch a system of playing audible on Google Home.
Yes but not directly. You can upload your audiobooks to the Google Play Music and then you will be able to use your Google Home Mini with audible audiobooks.
You can voice command it. For the mirroring, you can voice command as “OK, Google, Bluetooth pairing”.
You need to mirror your iPhone with Google Home. The simplest way is to connect the Bluetooth and then mirror the audio sound of your phone.
As you can see, there are multiple ways on how to play audible on Google Home. You are welcome to use any methods out of the 3 discussed above. If you face any problem, let me know in the comment box. I will be happy to help!