You can still enjoy your favorite audiobooks while you are not online. Thanks to the Audible Download Manager (ADM)! It’s a simple program for Windows users that lets you download all of your books to your computer.
You can play these downloaded audiobooks with iTunes and Windows Media Player. And of course, you can play those files with Audible Manager. From Windows OS to Mac, Audible gives freedom to every user.
Table of Contents
- 1 Differences Between Audible Download Manager and Audible Manager
- 2 How To Download & Use Audible Manager?
- 3 Audible Download Manager for Windows 10, 8, 7
- 4 What is the AudibleSync App?
- 5 Uninstall and Remove the Audible Download Manager
- 6 FAQ
Differences Between Audible Download Manager and Audible Manager
Both the names sound similar but they work differently. One helps to download your audiobooks and another lets you play those downloaded files.
The audible manager helps you to organize and play the downloaded audiobooks. You do need this to listen to your purchased audiobooks. Think of it as your audiobooks player and organizer.
In addition to playing your books, the Audible Manager lets you transfer your audiobooks to an MP3 player. More so, if you can burn your downloaded audiobooks to CDs.
Through ADM, you have to download your audiobooks first then you can use the Audible Manager to listen to those books. Not just for listening and organizing your downloaded books, you can use it to transfer those books to other compatible devices too.
Mac users can do all the above through iTunes. But now, Windows users have the liberty too.
As you can see, they are completely different things but work hand to hand to give you freedom listening to your books smoothly.
How To Download & Use Audible Manager?
Now that you know about the basic features of it, it’s time to learn how to use it. Follow the step by step guides:
- Download it from the official site of Audible. Install and launch it.
- You need to load your downloaded audiobooks now. To do so, click on the File menu and go to Add Audio Files. Import all the files you want to listen to.
- Now you can listen to any imported audiobooks you want. But before that, you will have to activate your device first.
- To activate your device, when you click any book title to listen, a pop-up window will appear asking you to active. Press the OK button to activate.
- Enter your Audible credentials and you are free to listen to your books!
The problem with Audible Manager is that it works only on Windows OS. But if you are a Mac user, you can use iTunes to listen to your audiobooks. If you have Windows 7 or 8 version, you can still use the Windows Media Player to run those audio files.
Audible Download Manager for Windows 10, 8, 7
The software is only for Windows users. If you own a Mac, you can use your iTunes to download and then transfer those books to iPhone, iPod, and other Apple devices.
This is how you can use the download manager and Audible manage altogether:
- Sign in to your Audible Desktop site with your login information.
- Assuming you have already installed the Audible Manager, install the Download Manager too.
- Click the ‘I Accept’ button upon the pop up of the setup screen.
- Now, check the respective checkbox for Audible Manager. You will find the Windows Media Player, Apple iTunes, and other options.
- Click the OK button and you should have your successful installation.
- Now, go to your Audible Library page and start downloading your books.
What is the AudibleSync App?
As the name suggests, it’s a downloading app designed by Audible to enhance your listening experience. If you have a Windows 10 PC, you can use it to download your audio files to the enhanced format.
In the past, the audio files were in format 4. But recently Audible has announced that their file format will be enhanced format which is .aax. Both the download manager and AudibleSync app download in the enhanced format.
If you want to convert those enhanced format files to MP3 format, there is plenty of software out there to help you out.
Though Audible has released it for Windows 10, if you are a Windows 8 user, you can still use it. This is how you can use the AudibleSync app:
- Download and install the app first. You can get the app from here.
- Launch it to your PC and login with your Audible credentials.
- You will access the Audible Library and you will find a download button beside the book title. Your download will start momentarily.
- Browse the download folder in your PC to locate your downloaded files.
Uninstall and Remove the Audible Download Manager
Whatever the reasons, you can simply follow the step by step processes to uninstall and remove the download manager completely:
- Go to the Control Panel of your PC. For Windows 7 or below version, you can find it clicking on the Start button. For Windows 8 to above, you can search the control panel from the search box of the start menu.
- From the control panel, click on the Uninstall a Program. In Windows XP, it will be Add or Remove Programs. You will find all the installed software there.
- From the installed software list, select the Download Manager and click Uninstall. In XP, click the Change/Remove tab.
- Lastly, follow the prompts by clicking several Next buttons and you will be done!
Why can’t I buy Audible books on my iPhone?
To avoid paying a 30% fee to Apple, you can’t buy Audible books directly using the Audible app. But you can use your phone to browse Amazon to buy books. Here is a guide on how to Buy Audible Books on iPhone.
What file format does audible use?
Audible use the DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected AA formats for their audiobooks to prevent illegal sharing.
Can I download my Audible books to my computer?
Yes! Apart from listening directly from their official website and app, you can directly download your purchased audiobooks to your computer. The ownership is totally yours.
Why can’t I download audible books on my iPhone?
There could be several technical problems including an outdated app. Keep the app updated including your phone’s OS to solve the problem. See this guide to download audible audiobooks on iPhone.
Where do audible downloads go on iPhone?
If you open the Audible app and sign the app, you will find all of your purchased audiobooks tapping the Library located at the bottom of the screen.
For your convenience, Audible has ensured every possible option to improve your listening experience even when you are offline.
For Windows users, they launched the Audible Download Manager for offline listening. Unless it creates a serious problem for your PC, there are no reasons to uninstall it.