It happens sometimes when your phone stops working. It can happen due to any mobile apps. And like that, Audible app crashing is no different. Yes, it’s frustrating but there are some fixes too.
There is no particular issue with the Audible app, it happens mainly because of your smartphone. In this article, I will talk about all the possible reasons and how can you fix it when you encounter one.
Why is my audible app crashing?
Crashing app is nothing new to any smartphone user. But what disappointing is that if it does not work even if you restart your phone. Sometimes, it does not work even if you uninstall and re-install it.
Before I go to the solution part, let’s see why the Audible app keeps crashing:
- The RAM of your phone is preoccupied with other apps. Even a single app can consume most of the available memory alone. There is simply not much memory space left for the Audible app.
- There may be a bug to the latest release of the app. As you have already noticed, not just Audible, all other mobile application developers frequently release the latest version.
- Bad network conditions. Your app needs stable connections to work. If it does not get it, it may crash.
What does it mean if an app keeps crashing?
Now that you already know all the possible reasons why your app is crashing, you already know what does it mean if the Audible app keeps crashing. But nothing to be afraid of!
Your phone is okay and you can simply reinstall the app again. Even if the app has crashed, all of your purchased books will still be available to your Audible account.
Sadly, you will have to download them again once the app starts working again. And if you have synced your Apple Watch with your phone, you will have to re-sync them again.
Audible app crashing on android
It may happen to you when the app quits while you are listening. Then you try to open the app again, but it won’t work. Even if you reinstall it, it may not work.
If you are done re-opening the app again or even re-installing it, keep calm. Then follow the steps:
- Force quit all the running apps from your device. Does your phone has the latest Android version? If not, upgrade it. Check the same for the Audible app too.
- Restart your phone.
- Try again to open the app. If it crashes again, delete the audiobook you were listening to.
- Download that book again but in different quality. You can download it in different quality from the settings page of your app. It should solve the problem.
- But if the issue continues, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Audible keeps crashing on iPhone
The problem and symptoms are the same just like any Android phone. It may be crashing or loading too slow. Assuming you have the latest iOS version and the latest version of the Audible app, try the below-mentioned fix.
For strange behavior, not for the Audible app, you should first try to force close that app and re-open it. Most of the time, this should fix the issue. If not, follow the un-installing and re-installing steps:
- Un-install the Audible app first. Tap on the app and hold your finger until it starts shaking. You will see a cross sign where you can delete it.
- Go to the app store and re-install the app.
- After successful installation, open it and log in to your account. This should solve the problem.
- If the problem continues, free up some spaces from your phone memory and follow the above procedures again.
Audible app crashing on kindle fire
iOS, Android, or Kindle – the app crashing issue is pretty much the same. So, I am gonna skip the problem issue here. But you are welcome to follow the solution part.
There are multiple troubleshooting options that you can try. I will explain 3 of them briefly.
- Shut down and restart your Kindle device. If you hold the power button for 30 seconds, it should shut down.
- Force stop the app, remove it, and re-install it.
- Delete that particular audiobook from the Audible app. Go to the library and hold the cover page of any book. You should see the remove option. Download it again in a different format.
Even if you are moderately techie, Audible app crashing on iPhone or Android should not be a problem for you. Out of so many tricks I have shared above, most of them are pretty familiar.
But is no secret formula. Keep your phone and apps updated if you want to face the problem less frequently.