We love to share good things in life with our closed ones. We often like good audiobooks that we want to share with our friends and family members. To be able to share audible books with your loved one is really cool!
There are plenty of ways we can do so. We can share our favorite audiobooks from our smartphones and desktop too. In this article, I will show you 4 ways of sharing your audiobooks.
Audible books sharing terms
You can share audiobooks using the amazing feature of audible called ‘Send This Book’. Using this feature, you can recommend any book to your closed ones.
Of course, there is a catch!
You need to understand and know all the terms and conditions of sharing your audible books. That’s what I am gonna do first before explaining the process:
- A particular friend of yours can get only 1 free audiobook through this program.
- The recipient must provide a valid billing address during the registration process to be able to redeem the free audiobook recommendation.
- The person you are sending the book can listen to it for free. After that, he/she must pay for additional audiobooks.
- That recipient can use the free credits (due to free trial), to redeem the free audiobook recommendation.
- This feature of audiobook recommendation is only available in the U.S.A. Meaning, the recipient of your recommended book must reside in the U.S.
- Any sender can send their purchased audiobooks using the ‘Send The Book’ feature. However, audible reserves the right to disqualify any particular audiobook to be sent using this feature.
- Audible can revoke or terminate this program any time they want.
Also Read | In-depth Guide to Play Audible on Google Home
Send audible audiobooks
Now let’s dive into the main business. No matter what operating system your phone and computer have, you can avail of this feature. The step by step process is very intuitive. See for yourself!
1. Share audible books through Android app
If you own an Android phone, there are 3 ways you can send your audiobook. Let’s see them all.
- Through audible library:
- Go to the audible library and select the audiobook you want to send. You will find 3 vertical dots next to the book you want to send. Tap the dots.
- Now tap on the ‘Send this Book’. You will find it at the very bottom.
- Select the method (Mail/Message) to send the book.
- Provide recipients information and hit the Send button.
- Through player screen
- Play the book you want to send. You will see the ‘Send’ this Book’ option at the top of the player screen. Tap there!
- Select the method of sending (Apart from Mail & Message, you can use WhatsApp or Messenger too).
- Enter the correct recipient’s information and hit the Send button.
- Through the Before You Go method
- You are just finished listening to the audiobook, you will see the ‘Before you go…’ window. On that window, you will find the ‘Send this Book’ button. Tap on that button.
- As usual, pick the method to send the book you just finished listening to.
- Provide the right information to the recipient.
2. Share audible books through iOS app
If you don’t have an Android and you have an iPhone only, you can still take the full advantage of the ‘Send this Book’ feature. And yes, you can use 3 different approaches as mentioned below:
- Library from audible app
- Select the book you want to send. You will see the 3 dots icon next to the book. Press the icon.
- Find the ‘Send this Book’ option and tap on it.
- Select your method of sending the book
- Fill up all the recipient’s information and hit the send button
- Send from the player screen
- When in the playing mode of the book, tap on the 3 dots, and tape the Share option.
- You should see the ‘Send this Book’ option, tap on it.
- Pick your method of sending it.
- Provide the recipient’s information (you can send a customized message too) and hit the send button.
- Send from rate & review screen
- Look for the ‘Send this Book’ option and tap it.
- Pick the method on how you want to send it.
- If everything looks good, hit the send button.
3. Share audible books through audible website
If you are in front of a PC and you don’t have the time or option to use your phone, you can still send your recommended books which you have already purchased directly using their official website. Just follow the steps:
- Log in to your audible account and go to the library section.
- Select ‘My Book’ and open any audiobook you want to send.
- You should see the ‘Send this Book’ option, tap on it.
- Give all the information of your recipients (double-check the email). Use commas if you want to send the book to multiple people.
- Hit the Send button and you are done!
4. Share audible books via Amazon Household Sharing
Yes, without compromising your payment information and privacy, you can still share your audible audiobooks and payment method with other Amazon account. If you already have an Amazon Household account, follow the steps to send your purchased books:
- Go to the family library. Apart from audiobooks, you can share your Kindle books, games, and many more from there!
- Whatever you choose to share, your other family members who are also a member of the Household program will be able to enjoy them.
- If you want to access those shared content, you can do so logging from any devices. But first, you must enable the ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’. Then go to the Family Library and you will see all the shared books.
Merge Audible accounts with amazon to enjoy this features.
As a listener, it feels good to share audible books with family and friends. But that also enables audible to get a lot of new customers! So, it’s a win-win situation for everybody! But do not abuse the feature, audible can revoke this benefit anytime they want!