For an engaging and more immersive experience, you can now synchronize between reading and listening at the same time with the touch of your fingerprint. If you love e-book and audiobooks, this can come in handy!
Our eyes often get tired of reading a book for hours. Now you can switch to listening to the same book and complete it quickly. This is where you need Whispersync for Voice.
What is Whispersync for voice on Audible?
It’s nothing but Audible with text and vice versa. For improved listening and reading experience, it’s a great feature for book lovers. It comes with multiple benefits like you can switch to multiple devices for audible listening without losing your place.
More so, you can listen to your favorite audiobooks and switch immediately to reading seamlessly. All of your bookmarks, notes, playback positions will be the same as long as your devices have a Wi-Fi connection.
Yes, you can restart reading and listening across multiple operating systems too. If you stop listening on your iPhone, you can restart reading/listening from the same place on your android device!
How can I use Whispersync for voice?
All the synchronization takes little to no effort from your part. But you have to know how you can use it first, right? But before I explain the process, let me tell you something first.
You must own both the eBook and the audiobook to be able to switch between them. And you must have a stable wireless internet connection.
Now, follow the step by step guide and you will be good to go!
- At the very first, you must ensure you have a wireless internet connection. Because without it, you can’t sync any compatible audible books. A Wi-Fi connection will do the trick!
- Determine what you want to do. Let’s say you want to switch from listening to the audiobook to reading. All you have to do is just open the e-Book version of that book.
- Do the opposite if you want to switch to listening. You will be prompted with an alert. Just click OK. And you are done!
How can I buy a Whispersync for voice enabled Audiobook and e-Book together?
As you can see, you must have the companion e-book for your audiobook to enjoy the seamless transition from one to another. Luckily, there are plenty of Whispersync for Voice and Immersion Reading enabled audiobooks out there.
You can buy a Kindle book with audio support in a bundle. Just visit the Kindle Books with Audio Companions page and you will find plenty of them. Select your pick and use your credit/debit card to make the purchase.
Yes, this is a 1-Click purchase from Amazon, so your Audible membership won’t work.
How can I turn off Whispersync for voice?
On different occasions and circumstances, you may need to turn off the feature. To do so, just follow the steps:
- Go to the Amazon website and login into your account.
- Browse the ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’ page and select the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Keep scrolling down until you see the ‘Whispersync Device Synchronization’.
- Click the ‘ON’ tab and select ‘OFF’ from the drop-down list.
- And just like that, you have successfully turned off the sync feature!
What is Immersion reading?
It allows you to read your Kindle eBook and listen to the same Audible audiobook simultaneously. That’s how you get deeper into the story. To make things even better, it allows you to highlight an important section in real-time!
It’s called Immersion Reading simply because it immerses you into the story and creates an extra connection to the story and YOU. It works with any Kindle app for both Android and iOS. Or if you have a Kindle Fire tablet, you can enjoy it too.
How can I use Immersion reading on a Kindle device?
Let’s talk about how it works first before I explain the process. When you listen to the compatible audiobook, the text gets highlighted as you go. As I said above, you must have both the version of that book. Now, follow the steps:
- Open the eBook you want to listen as well.
- Tap on the screen of your Kindle device.
- You will find a play button located at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the Play button.
- Your listening to the audio narration will start momentarily with text highlighting.
- As you are listening, there will be a pause button at the same spot as the play button. You can press the pause button when you want to pause the audio playback.
Also Read | Listen Audible on Cloud Player
Does Immersion reading work on all Kindle apps?
The simple answer is yes with some exceptions. For example, you can’t use the Immersion Reading in your Kindle eBook readers.
However, the Fire Tablets (2nd generations and later versions), both the iOS and Android app for Kindle fully support the feature.
Differences between Immersion reading and Whispersync
For the Immersion Reading, the Kindle app or device will enable you to play the audiobook version of your eBook. And the Whispersync simply sync between audible and Kindle.
With the Whispersync, you can switch back and forth between listening to your audiobook on Audible and reading an eBook on your Kindle device. And you won’t be losing your pace!
Apart from syncing between your Kindle and Audible, you can switch back and forth between multiple Audible apps too. But for the Immersion Reading, you can listen to the eBook with real-time text highlighting.
What devices support Whispersync for voice and Immersion reading?
Not only all the audiobooks and eBooks are Whispersync and Immersion Reading compatible, not all the devices have the necessary support as well.
There are plenty of devices and versions of Kindle that will support either one of the features. But only a few of them will support both. Here is a list of apps and devices that support both the Immersion Reading and Whispersync For Voice:
- Amazon Fire Phone
- Kindle app for Android and iOS.
- Amazon Fire Tablets.
- Fire HDX
- Fire HD 6 & 7
Before you check your compatibility, make sure you have the most updated version of your phone or tab’s software. That sometimes helps!
How can I know which titles are Whispersync & Immersion reading enabled?
Do Audible books come with text? Yes! Well, for most of the popular audiobooks at least!
Though Audible is owned by Amazon, both the official websites of Amazon and Audible branded their eBooks and audiobooks whether they are compatible with Immersion Reading & Whispersync for Voice.
Browse any eBook on Amazon and you will see a separate part in the description section mentioning “Read & Listen” notice.
On the other hand, if you browse any audiobook on the official Audible site, there will be a separate point mentioning whether it is Whispersync for Voice-ready or not.
Also Read | How to Cancel an Audible Subscription
How do I Read and Listen to a book in the Kindle app?
Well, it gets as simple as it can be. With your Immersion Reading enabled Kindle app, you can both read and listen to your books. Look at the top right corner of your eBook and if you see a headphone symbol there, it’s Immersion Reading enabled!
Now, follow the steps:
- From your Kindle app, open your compatible eBook.
- Tap on the screen. You will see a tray icon at the bottom of the screen mentioning ‘Audible Narration’.
- Tap here to download the audio version of your eBook. If you have already downloaded the audio version, you will see a play icon instead.
- Tap the play icon and the audio will start to stream along with the highlighted text!
- You can stop streaming the audio taping the pause icon too at any time and start reading the eBook from the same location.
How can I switch between Reading and Listening on my device?
For iOS Device
If you have an Audible subscription plan and Kindle app installed on your iOS device, it’s fairly easy to switch back and forth between listening and reading.
Just close one app and open another. Tape the audiobook or the eBook to start your reading or listening. If you see it’s not working, visit the library and tap the sync button there.
For Android Device
Assuming you have already installed the android app on your device, open the book you want to listen to and read. Also, make sure you have already downloaded the Audible Narration version of your book.
Now, press the play button and start listening. Similarly, press the pause button to start reading!
Can I Read an Audible Book On Kindle?
Yes, if you own both the version.
If I Buy an Audible Book Do I Get The Kindle Version?
Yes but only if the eBook version is available. And most of the cases, you may have to pay for it.
If I Buy a Book On Audible Can I Read It On Kindle?
Sure you can as long as your device is enabled for Whispersync for Voice!
Both the Immersion Reading and Whispersync for Voice are there to give you a deeper sense of enjoying books. I have explained everything that you need to know. Drop your question in the comment box if you need to know more.