With the audible app, you can listen to your favorite audiobooks on any smartphone. But if your phone does not support the app, you can use the Audible cloud player service to keep enjoying.
Yes, all you need is a stable internet connection, and you can listen to all of your audiobooks without downloading them. Stay with me and I will explain exactly how you can use it and when you should do it.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is audible cloud player?
- 2 How to listen audiobook on audible cloud player?
- 3 Audible cloud player features
- 4 Pros and cons of audible cloud player
- 5 When to use audible cloud player?
- 6 Why won’t the Cloud Player load?
- 7 FAQs
What is audible cloud player?
Irrespective of any internet browser you have, it lets you listen to your audiobooks directly from the audible website. There is no need to connecting with any devices or even download them at all.
Also Read | Audible Membership Review in 2021
Not all tablets or smartphones support the Audible app. The cloud player is awesome to enjoy your entire collection with such an official app. All you need is an internet connection.
How to listen audiobook on audible cloud player?
The main point of the web-based cloud player is there is no need to download anything like software/app or audiobooks. So, getting the player is easy. All you need is a computer and internet connection.
Right after that, you can access your web-based Audible or Amazon account to start streaming. Here is the step by step guide:
1. From your desktop, log in to your audible account. You can use any browser you like (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.).
2. Once you are logged in, go to the Library section.
3. After that, click the audiobook title you like to listent to.
4. On the right side of the title click the Yellow “Play Now” button to start the audiobook on audible cloud player.
A player with a pop-up window will play your audiobook as soon as you click the button.
6. And you are done!
Audible cloud player features
- Works on all web browsers.
- You can directly play your audiobooks from the browser. Just go to your library and start listening.
- Very fast and reliable. No chance of hung up in the middle of streaming audio.
- You don’t have to worry about your operating system of your PC. Works pretty well on both Windows and Mac.
Pros and cons of audible cloud player
Well, you already know how much useful feature it is to have. So, I don’t feel to explain it again in detail. However, here are some of its key advantages:
- Very minimalistic user-friendly feature. Even a computer amateur can use it.
- Both Mac and Windows users can listen to audible audiobooks on PC.
- You can skip 30 seconds back and forth.
- Switching the audiobook chapter is easy.
- Of course, you can pause the streaming too.
However, there is some downside of audible web player that I think you should be aware of:
- You will always need an internet connection. No internet, not Audible.
- From a portability point of view, it’s useless. You can’t carry your PC here and there!
- No option to play it offline.
- It won’t work on your mobile browser, always need a PC.
- If you have a slow net connection, you can’t change the audio quality.
- You can’t skip accurately.
When to use audible cloud player?
Yes, it has some limitations but you can’t still ignore its relevance. You don’t need the app and you don’t need to download all of your audiobooks when you have this. Many people don’t like to waste their phone’s memory space.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you already know there are plenty of ways to listen to Audible books including audible manager. But not everyone finds it easy to install and make it work.
With the web-based cloud player, it’s totally hassle-free and quite user-friendly! More so, you can share your login information with your close family members.
But whatever you do, make sure to logout from your account once you are done listening.
Why won’t the Cloud Player load?
This could be happening because something occurred with your saved browser history that is causing the Cloud Player to not pop up. Follow the steps below for your browser.
Clearing Your Web History
- Click the more options button in the corner of the browser, followed by More tools and Clear browsing data.
- Place a checkmark in the following boxes:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
- Hosted app data
- Content licenses
- Select the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
- Click Clear browsing data.
Clearing Your Web History
- Click the menu button in the corner of the browser, followed by History.
- Click Clear Recent History.
- Select all the checkboxes and change the “Time range to clear” to Everything.
- Click Clear Now.
If you are using a Mac or the Safari browser, you may face some trouble opening the cloud player. Follow the steps to resolve the Audible cloud player not working issue:
Clear history from your Safari Browser
- Click History at the top of Safari, followed by Clear History.
- In the box that pops up, choose all history from the drop-down menu.
- Click Clear History.
- Go back to the Audible website, and attempt to play your audiobook again by clicking Play.
Activate the Flash from your browser.
Follow the path to do that: Safari > Preferences > Security > Plug-in Settings. From there, you can activate the Flash.
Now, enable the Auto-Play from the browser. Follow this path: Safari > Settings for This Website > Allow All Auto-Play.
Additionally, you can also press the Pause button after launching the Cloud Player to initiate playback.
The above procedure should get the job done.
Can I use audible on a laptop?
Yes, you can use the cloud player to do so. Not just a laptop, you can do it on your desktop too.
Can I listen to audible without downloading?
Yes, as long as you use the audible web player. But you have to have an internet connection with your PC or laptop.
Audible is doing everything in their hands to make it easier for listeners. The Audible web player is another example of their effort. The desktop/laptop is still popular. You can use the player when you think it’s convenient for you.