Amazon understands the struggle of the students to keep up with the ever-increasing cost of books, outings, foods, etc. So, they offer free access and a 30% Audible student discount to keep the cost at a minimum.
Everyone understands your tight budget and economic dependency. So, it’s a common idea that listening to Audible will add extra financial stress.
But in this article, I will show you how you can take the advantage of the student discount apart from your free trial period and keep your cost within your budget.
Table of Contents
- 1 UNiDAYS: Audible Student Membership In A Nutshell
- 2 How To Get The Audible Student Discount?
- 3 Why Should You Get Student Discounted Membership of Audible?
- 4 Money-Saving Tips
- 5 Questions That Frequently Comes to Your Mind
UNiDAYS: Audible Student Membership In A Nutshell
Let’s get to the point very first. Then I will explain them in detail later. To avail of this discounted membership benefits, you must be a verified U.S. student and it is only available for the new sign up. Let’s see the main benefits of student membership:
- You will get 3 titles each month. And that includes 1 audiobook and 2 Audible Originals.
- You will get all the features of Audible like controlling the speed to save your time.
- If you don’t like any audiobook, you can exchange it for free!
- All the audiobooks you purchase will be yours to keep forever.
- You can cancel your membership plan any time you want without any questions being asked. And you will retain the ownership of your already purchased audiobooks.
Student discount is a widely popular concept and as a student, you should take the advantage of any discounts offered by Audible. Right now, along with the 30% discounts, you will get a $10 credit as soon as you sign up.
You will get nothing less with your student membership. It’s just the discounted version of the regular Audible membership plan. Meaning, you can enjoy all the features of regular membership at a surprisingly lower cost.
Now, before you get too excited about it, get your facts cleared first. Here are some vital conditions you need to keep in your mind:
- You can enjoy this benefit for up to 4 years. At the end of the fourth year, you will be treated as a regular member if you continue with Audible. It’s their Gold membership plan which is still cool!
- Before the 1st anniversary with Audible, you need to reconfirm your studentship status with Audible. If you don’t, you will no longer get the student discount benefit and your subscription will be renewed as a regular membership. Of course, you can cancel at any time you want.
How To Get The Audible Student Discount?
As I mentioned earlier, you can only avail of these benefits if you are a new customer to the Audible and you are a verified U.S. student. Now, follow the steps to redeem your discounts:
- Sign up and create a new account with Audible.
- Login to your UNiDAYS accounts to verify your studentship and eligibility to get the discount.
- You will get a link to redeem your Audible savings.
- Login to your Audible account to redeem your discount and use the Audible app to listen to your audiobooks seamlessly.
Why Should You Get Student Discounted Membership of Audible?
As a student, you must go to the library too often. Audible can be a good and entertaining option to supplement your library borrowing option. Besides, as a student, you already carry a lot of books.
You do not want to carry any extracurricular books with you!
The specifically designed monthly student subscription plan will cost you only $10 whereas the regular plan would cost you around $15! So, you are getting massive savings.
Apart from reading your textbooks, if you are a vivid listener of ‘out books’, Audible can be a great choice for you. Also, you will get daily deals and other discounts in addition to the massive student discounts. These deals are only available to the member.
Such daily deals will lower the cost of purchasing your audiobooks significantly. Don’t be surprised when you see a great deal of buying 3 audiobooks only for $3! Yes, you will see such offers a lot.
You can read those books both online and offline. You can download and re-download your audiobooks anytime you want.
Because of the download and offline reading facilities, you can listen to your audiobooks in the gym, while walking in the park, flying (yes, it works on flight mode too!), or whatever you do in your leisure time.
You can listen to your audiobooks directly from the official Audible website as well as from their official app. Both the Mac/iOS, Windows, Android users can take advantage.
First, enjoy your 30-day free trial. At the end of your trial, redeem your student discount.
Also, if you live in a dorm, you can take the advantage of Amazon Family Sharing. With this feature, all of your roommates will be able to listen to the audiobooks you buy. You can simply split the monthly subscription cost!
Questions That Frequently Comes to Your Mind
Can you get a student discount on Audible?
Yes. If you are a verified U.S. student, you get up to a 30% discount on your monthly subscription plan. However, this feature is available only for the new sign up.
Yes. Every audiobook you buy from Audible is eligible to be shared with one of your friends. You can send any audiobook you want and your student will get that completely free. Here is a guide on sharing audible audiobooks with family and friends.
Can you get Amazon Prime Student twice?
No. Your student membership discount will be available only for a period of 4 years. After that period, your account will be renewed as their regular account and you will have to pay the regular fee.
Without making you more financially stress, you can still enjoy your favorite audiobooks from Audible. You should take the benefits of the Audible student discount plant if you are a true audiobook lover. Not many are so lucky as you!